For cases where some similar products are visibly differentiated by a feature and have different names (e.g. several "colour variants" of a T-shirt). These products appear as separate items in the shop. On the product page, customers can also select the desired feature value. To achieve this, set up variants for products with this feature.
- Go to "Properties" under "Products" in the dashboard:
- Click on the green button with the "plus sign" to add a new property:
- Select the option "Variations as separate Products" or "Variations as one Product" to create product variations. You can also choose whether the variations should be displayed as a drop-down list, images or text:
- Click on the "Variants" tab. Here you can add as many variants as the product has. Enter a characteristic of the variant in the "Variant" field (e.g. colour) and click on "Create":
- To assign the variations to the product now or to create a new product with variations, go to "Products" and create a new one or click on an existing product to edit it:
- Add the appropriate property to the existing product in the "Properties" tab and save it:
- Switch to the "Variants" tab and click on the "Add variants" button there to create a variant group:
- You can select variations here that are created as a clone of the current product, as a new product and can then be edited, or you can select products that you have already created in the tab "Use existing products".
- You can edit the new products individually after creating the variations and then save them:
If you select the property type "Drop-down list" when creating the variants, it now looks like this in the shop:
For the property type "Text" it looks like this:
And with the property type "Images" it looks like this: