Due to a large demand for support regarding this function, we have created an explanatory video. In the video, you will be guided step by step through the creation of the product variations. You can watch the video or work through the article below. The content is the same. The video has been recorded with German audio. You can watch it with adapted English subtitles.
For cases when some similar products visibly differ by one feature and have different names (for example, several "color variants" of a T-shirt). These products appear as separate items in the store. On the product page, customers can also select the desired feature value. To accomplish this, set up variants for products with this feature.
- Go to "Properties" under "Products" in the dashboard. Click on the "Create property" button:
- There select the option "Variations as separate products" to be able to create product variations. You can also select whether the variations should be displayed as a drop-down list, images or text. Save the settings:
- After saving, the menu item "Variations" appears. There you can add as many variants as the product has. In the field "Variant" enter a characteristic of the variant
(e.g. color) and click on Save changes:
- To assign the variations to the product now or to create a new product with variations, go to "Products" and create a new one or click on an existing product to edit it:
- If you want to add a variation to an existing product, you can select it in the product settings under "Properties":
- When you create a new product, enter all the data about your product and click "Save changes". If you need help with the creation of the product go to the support article Create products:
- After saving the product, the menu item "Properties" appears. There you can see the variation you have created. Select which variation this product is and save again:
- If you have selected a variation, the menu item "Variations" appears after saving. Click here on "Add variations":
- You can select variations here that will be created as a clone of the current product, as a new product and can then be edited:
If the products already exist go to the "Use existing products" tab. Products to which you have already assigned a variation will appear here:
Click save when you have created or selected the desired variants.
- When you create new products you can click on the "Write" icon on the desired product to edit the new variant. Upload new product images, change the name, etc. Click on "Save changes" when you have made all the changes to the new products:
If you choose the property type "Drop-down list" when creating the variants, it will look like this in the store now:
For the property type "Images" it looks like this:
And for the property type "Text" it looks like this: