The DNS settings of your domain must be changed so that the domain is shown on our server.
If you are looking for a shorter tutorial, you can find it directly on the domain page in the Backhand:
Follow these 4 steps to connect your domain to your shop
- Navigate to your hosting provider where you host your domain.
Here you will need to make some DNS settings so that your domain is pointed to your shop. If you need more detailed instructions, we have specific instructions for different hosting providers. You can find them here.
- Change the A record of your domain. In the name, add either "@" or your written-out domain.
Enter the IP address given in the example here as the value: 184.108.40.206.
Make sure that you update your A record.
Name: @ or yourdomain.ch
IMPORTANT: If there is still an AAAA record on your zone, you must delete it.
- If you use a subdomain (e.g. shop.mydomain.ch), you do not need to create a CNAME record. Otherwise, check if the CNAME settings match the following example.
If your CNAME settings are different, change them to match the example.
Value: @ or yourdomain.ch
- Then change your domain in the backend. To do this, enter your new domain under "Shop Domain". After you have entered your new domain, save your changes.
Then click on the button "Load SSL certificate".The page then reloads. This generates an SSL certificate for this domain.
You do not have to generate an SSL certificate yourself. This is the only way your shop can establish a secure https connection.
- If you want to send e-mails via your domain, you must make the following SPF settings (This is an optional step!). If you do not want to send e-mails, you do not need to make these settings):
Name: @ (Root-Domain Anweisung ihres Hosting-Anbieters)
Wert: v=spf1 include:amazonses.com ~all
If you already have an SPF record, you must add it as follows instead of adding a new one:
Value(before): v=spf1 include:example.ch ~all
Value(after): v=spf1 include:example.ch include:amazonses.com ~all