You can offer products in your store, which can be downloaded directly after successful purchase. This way you save the shipping and packaging costs.
1. Navigate to the products and create a new product. If you have already created a suitable product, you can skip to step 3.
2. Enter the necessary product data.
3. When creating the product, select the "Downloadable" option to make the product downloadable. If you don't want the download to expire you can still select the "Time unlimited download" option. If this option is not selected, the download link will expire after 30 days. Once you have done that click on create.
4. Wechsle in den Tab "Dateien zum Verkauf". Dort kannst du unter "Datei hinzufügen" die Datei anhängen die nach dem Kauf für den Kunden verfügbar sein soll.
5. Now you can add a file. Here you add the file that the customer should download after purchasing the product.
Additionally you can set:
- From when the product can be downloaded:
- Manually: You have to activate the file manually for the customer in the order.
- Immediately: The customer receives the file immediately after placing the order.
- After full payment: The customer can download the file only after the order is fully paid.
- How often the product can be downloaded.
- Whether a license agreement is required.
- What the license agreement consists of.
- A text that the customer should read about the file.
Click on "Create" as soon as you have made the settings.
6. The product has an additional text stating that the product is delivered electronically.
7. If you have added a license agreement, another box appears in the check-out, which the customer must confirm before purchasing. Next to it, the license agreement of the product is displayed again.
8. After successful purchase, when the customer views his order, he can download the product.
9. Depending on your settings, the download will be unlocked right after the purchase, after the successful payment or after you have approved it.
10. The customer can then download the file via this link.