You can import products yourself. This saves us work and you money. This article explains the process of importing products yourself.
- You can find the option for product import under "Administration > Import data> Products".
- Press the plus button to add a new import.
- Give the import a title. The title serves as an overview of your imports. Then select your CSV / XML file. If you do not specify a title, the file name is used as the title.
If you need help to prepare your product data, you can find help on this in the contribution "Instructions for product import".
- Then create the import by pressing the "Create" button at the top right.
- Then switch to the new tab "Field mapping". Here you can map the columns of your file so that the contents are imported correctly into the shop.
- On the far left is the heading of your columns. Next to it, you will find the empty columns, which you have to map manually. This means that you select the appropriate field that is to be filled with the content of the column that is indicated on the same line.
To the right of this, you will find a sample content, which is entered in this column.
If you have filled the sample file, you can enter the name given under "Column name in the imported file" under "Product property in saldia". Then you will find the appropriate field.
- Fill in all the lines according to this pattern. It should look something like this.
Product properties must be created beforehand so that products can be assigned to the properties.
- As soon as you have assigned all fields, press the button "Import" in the upper right corner.
- You may receive error messages. The error messages describe the error very well so that you can correct it yourself. Some of the fields serve as information and do not want to inform you of an error.
You have now made your first independent product import. You can create as many product imports as you want. Furthermore, you can update your existing product imports so that you do not always have to reassign the fields. You can find out how to do this in the article "Update product import - PRO Backend".